Sunday, May 3, 2009

I glide across a gorge, we check out the Zambian markets, and I get us stuck on the pot hole road


As our trip was coming to an end, Joanna and I decided to do something adventurous, so we did something called a “flying fox” across a gorge near the falls. It is pretty similar to zip lining, but you get a full running start and leap off the edge of a cliff and glide, suspended by your back, across a super high gorge. It was so exhilarating, and not as scary as you would think. We spent the rest of our day in Zambia at the markets, where I bought a really cool artwork. For this, I traded my flip flops, a hair tie, a small hair brush, and some kuacha (Zambian currency). Well worth it! The rest of our trip essentially consisted of retracing our path. This meant: driving on the bad roads, eating at the delicious restaurant, and elephant sightings. While driving on that horrible road I spoke of earlier, I accidentally got us stuck in the shoulder…whoops! Not my fault, well, maybe a little. We had to wait for two other cars to come and tow us out with a rope connected to a truck. But we made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment